Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

Dress Up Weeks: Holiday & Winter Formal

Hey, Hawks! Break out your holiday cheer and prepare to strut your stuff because our annual Dress Up Weeks are just around the corner, and we’ve got a sleigh-full of excitement coming your way!

Holiday Week: December 18-21

Monday, 12/18: Get ready to sleigh the day with “Festive from Head to Toe”! Show off your holiday spirit by donning your most dazzling holiday hats and socks. Trust me; Santa himself would be jealous.

Tuesday, 12/19: It’s all about “Sweater Weather” on Tuesday! Break out those holiday sweaters and spread the warmth and joy while enjoying the coziest time of the year.

Wednesday, 12/20: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Wednesday’s theme is “Snowed In – WHITEOUT.” Blanket the school in a sea of white as we create a winter wonderland right in our hallways.

Thursday, 12/21: “Is it Winter Break Yet?” you ask. Well, almost! Let’s cozy up in our comfiest holiday PJs and count down the minutes until we’re sipping hot cocoa by the fireplace.

Winter Formal Week: January 8-12

But wait, there’s more! After the holiday festivities, we’re kicking off the new year with Winter Formal Week – and it will be a blast!

Monday, 1/08: Represent your dream school on “College Day” by wearing your favorite college gear. Whether you’re repping the local university or dreaming big with an Ivy League, show your pride!

Tuesday, 1/09: “USA Day” is here! Deck yourself out in the stars and stripes, and let’s celebrate the land of the free and the home of the Hawks.

Wednesday, 1/10: It’s time for a friendly face-off on “Mathletes vs. Athletes.” Pick your side and show us if you’re ready to conquer the classroom or the playing field.

Thursday, 1/11: “Rhyme without Reason” might sound mysterious, but it’s all about expressing yourself with outfits that don’t quite match but use two things that rhyme – because who doesn’t love a good rhyme?

Friday, 1/12: Cap off the week with a burst of Hawk pride on “Hawk Spirit” day. Wear your black and gold loud and proud, and let’s wrap up Winter Formal Week with some spirit!

Get ready to turn heads, Hawks, because these dress-up weeks are your time to shine. Let’s make it the most spirited and stylish celebration our school has ever seen!