Who is Harry Styles?

Olivia Sorenson and Corinne Schmidt, Student Writers

Did you know that Harry Styles started his career when he was just 16 years old? Harry was born February 1, 1994, in Redditch, England. His musical talents first sparked in his middle school band, White Eskimo. When he was 16, he auditioned for X-factor with the songs, “Isn’t She Lovely” and “Hey Soul Sister”. Thankfully, he made it through, forming a band called One Direction with Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, and Liam Payne. One Direction created 5 albums before going on a hiatus in 2015. They were one of the bestselling boy bands, with many types of merchandise and tours. Soon thereafter, Harry left One Direction and started his solo career.

His debut album was self-titled, it was released on May 12, 2017. One of the top songs on the album is “Sign of The Times.” He then went on his debut tour, “Live on Tour”. The tour began on September 19, 2017 and ended July 14, 2018 with a total of 89 shows and a revenue of 63 million dollars. Harry then went on to take a year break and release his second album, “Fine Line” on December 13, 2019. This albums hit song is “Watermelon Sugar.” After this album release, he started touring again on September 4, 2021. His most recent album is “Harry’s House” released on May 20, 2022. You may have heard “As it Was” on the radio. He has been touring “Love on Tour” ever since. “Love on Tour” is set to end July 22, 2023. His average performance ranks in at $2.25 million dollars. With this tour, he gained a banner at Madison Square Garden, for 15 consecutive nights. “Love on Tour” has a total of 179 shows.

Along with singing, Harry has other talents. In 2022, he’s starred in 2 new movies, Don’t Worry Darling and My Policeman. As well as starting a nail and skincare brand named Pleasing. Harry has won many awards, such as two Brit awards, a Grammy award, Ivor Novello award, and an American music award. That’s just naming a few.

Harry has become an inspiration to many. He has been known to have an ‘unconventional fashion taste’ leading others to be inspired with their clothing. When we asked Maiah Fuchs, a student at Horace why she liked Harry, she said, “I like Harry because he’s super kind, and funny, and just brings a positive attitude to all his fans and makes them feel loved.”

We asked Maiah when she discovered Harry because he has been a sensational artist for 12 years, so many are new fans and old ones! She said that she “Knew a bit about One Direction but wasn’t a huge fan until 2019.” Like many new fans now, Maiah says that she found Harry on the app, TikTok, when he released his album, “Fine Line”. In all, Harry has inspired many including us and will continue to!