Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

Pit Orchestra

Pit+Orchestra

Pit Orchestra members are the musicians that performs music during musicals as the actors are singing. Horace High School had their very first ever Pit Orchestra last year. Last year’s Pit group had six students performing in it. This year our Pit Orchestra grew to a group of eight.

This years’ school musical will be Into the Woods. Our Pit is so excited to be given the honor to be the behind-the-scenes musicians. Members of the Pit include one trombone, Liam Rude, one flute, Abby Leverence, four violins, Simone Bailey, Bella Loether, Emily Hutchison, and Maxwell Lopez, and two cellos, Gavin Schaffenberger, and Lilia Rexin. The very talented cast of musicians have been working weekly and play through all the music to perfect it!

The Pit will be located as the big stage hazard in the middle of the stage. When showing support to the Pit, there are a few things to keep in mind. Be sure to not jump in or throw things into the pit as members will be focused on music rather than the fans above. As well as treating the pit like people, yes there is a net, no they are not wild animals. Since there is a net above the pit, any fallen actors or actresses who stumble across the hazardous tape to warn them about the big hole in the ground will be caught and the members of pit won’t be crushed.

Please come show your support for all the students involved in the musical. They will be so grateful to have dedicated fans to make them feel heard and appreciated.