Winter is Here!

Virtual Learning Protocol

Carly Bleth and Mrs. Hillman, Student Writer and Guest Contributor

Winter is Coming Here!

Midwest weather means virtual learning days are inevitable for WFPS. Below you will find what to expect along with some tips on how to make the best of virtual learning days.

What to Expect

Elementary learners will connect with their classroom teacher via Microsoft Teams through a link in their Seesaw. A message will be sent to families by each building principal via Blackboard showing a schedule for the day, along with activities and ideas for students to continue their learning while staying safe at home.

Middle school learners will attend each of their classes online by connecting with their educators on Teams. The first half of the class is synchronous learning via Teams with the educator and the second half of the class is time to work on assignments and activities. Again, a blackboard message will be sent with a specific learning schedule and information for families.

High school learners are expected to check-in with their appropriate A/B Day teachers through Schoology for assignments. They are also required to meet with their teachers via Teams for the first half of their class period. (Schedules will be sent out once the virtual day is announced.) Links to join these meetings can be found in Schoology or Outlook. This is a great time to address any questions or concerns they might have. Be prepared to take appropriate action with each class.

Be Prepared and Proactive