Musical Coming Soon: A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder

Kae Stevermer, Student Writer

It’s that time of year again! And no, it’s not the holiday season! It’s musical rehearsals! I interviewed the director of the musical about what it is, and everything else you need to know about the musical!

The musical director, Kerry Horst, was kind enough to tell us about what it is, saying, “The musical is a comedy about a young man (Monty) who learns he is an heir to a fortune and his quest to become the Earl of Highhurst. The story follows a shunned Monty as he attempts to bypass the eight relatives in line to being the Earl of Highhurst to become the Earl himself.”

The cast of the musical is full of talented singers and actors, including Jaden Bjur, Trae Reardon, Reese Richard, Savannah Mauch, and Alora Rude. According to Horst, the practice has been coming along really well! He stated that their primary focus was to learn the music and that they would move onto blocking the show later within the month. He also said that production of the set is coming along very well! There are occasional sessions for students and staff where people build the set! Everyone from Horace High is welcome to help and build the set! The sessions are every Saturday for anyone who wants to help.

Now, I am certainly excited for this production, so I just had to ask when ticket sales were going live and how much they cost! So, for all West Fargo Public School seniors, tickets will all be free with their student ID, sadly we do not have any seniors at Horace yet, so this doesn’t matter, but the students they would use the promo code WFPS high and present their student ID when they pickup their ticket. For everyone else, tickets will be $5.00 for students, and $10.00 for adults. Horst says the box office will go live after Christmas break! To access the box office, use the link HERE.

Flint Dignan, a member of the Newspaper class and one of the cast members for the musical gave me his best sales pitch, saying “If you want a good little chuckle, you should come see the show on the 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th at 7:30 PM and the 22nd and the 29th at 2:00 PM at Horace High School.”