Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

The Powderpuff Girls

There’s no place like homecoming, and this year Horace High School is going all out for homecoming week! The newest addition to Horaces’ homecoming traditions is the highly anticipated Powderpuff game between the junior and senior girls. On September 27th, the girls will meet on the field for a game of flag football and face off under the stadium lights.

Like most football players, the girls will spend time practicing for the big game. Powderpuff practices are from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm on September 10th, 17th, and 24th.  The game will start at 7:30 pm, but the players will meet on the field at 6:45. To come see the game, you will need to pay a small fee of $5 for adults, or $3 for those who bring their student ID’s. Girls who want to participate in the game will need to pay a $10 fee, which will cover the cost of their jersey/ t-shirt.

There’s still time to sign-up! The registration window closes this Friday September 8th, so be sure to sign up now! Let’s make this the best part of homecoming week! The link to sign up is in the junior and senior group page on Schoology and also linked in the @horacestuco bio on Instagram. Be sure to support your lady hawks and come see the newest additions the the Horace Cheer Team!