Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

Horace is Growing and So Are We

As you may have noticed, Horace is expanding. Fast. It has been growing at a 6.7% growth rate annually (World Population Review). In 2018, Horace had a population of 2,831 and this year it’s up to 3,823 citizens, increasing by about 1000 residents. Not only is the town growing, but so are we as a school.

Our high school has expanded exponentially. When our first freshman and sophomores walked the halls of this new high school in the 2020-2021 school year when we had only 215 students. This school year we have well over 600 students, almost tripling our school’s occupancy. This is still only half the number of students our school is built to house.

Additionally, we have seen more and more growth and success in our programs. Our football team soared to their first win, the cheer team won a state championship event, and our forensics team has seen success. The reality is that all of our other sport and academic teams are seeing success as well.

As our school was built, the community around us has flourished. Horace businesses started to appear on the map, including Tundra Nutrition, The Grove, Dairy Queen, Headquarters, and many others. All of which have become extremely popular among our student and staff members.

Our very own Hawks express many of the businesses that they want to see sometime soon. Some of the most popular ideas include Starbucks, more restaurants, a grocery store, Crumbl Cookie, 5 Below, and a wider variety of fast food are just a few of our Hawk requests.

Whether if it’s for a quick lunch break, study session or a place to stop on the drive to and from school, we are excited to see how Horace grows next.