Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

Boys Tennis Starts!

Two weeks ago, the Boys Tennis team started practicing over at Sheyenne, preparing for their matches that started last week. On August 31, I had the pleasure to meet with one of their team manager Lilia Rexin and ask her a few questions about how the season has been going so far.

Firstly, I had to set up the groundwork, starting with how long the season is! As I said, the team started practicing 2 weeks ago and she mentioned the tennis season ends in early October! When asked about how often they meet for practice, she answered saying that they meet every day for “roughly an hour and a half”.

Although the first tennis match was cancelled due to air quality issues, their match was rescheduled for the 5 of September, as a home match. Their next match is September 14, at 3:30 for both JV and Varsity. Matches are frequent, averaging two per week, sometimes three. If you wish to view the schedule, you can find it on the activities calendar on the Sheyenne High School website.

When asked about the environment of the team, she said, “It is a great community, full of friendships and supportive coaches and families!” If that makes you want to join, feel free to contact the coach, Chad Anderson, at a[email protected]