Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

Why Sleep is Important for Students’ Health

Students are constantly staying up late for homework they have to complete, then having to wake up early in the morning and go straight to school, many students miss the eight-to-ten-hour amount of sleep they need on a daily.

It is extremely important for students to be able to get the right amount of sleep, sleep can impact academic performance and behaviors. In a study found by The Sleep Foundation, lack of sleep can decrease the ability to pay attention and concentrate in class and on assignments. As well, causing changes in behaviors, due to stress and lack of sleep. Teens need to be getting the right amount of sleep so they are able to be successful during school and activities they may be in. Sleep is necessary to living a happy and healthy life.

Many causes of loss of sleep, or students not getting enough sleep, is because of the amount of homework and activities students have as well as trying to balance out their family and social life. Many students are forced to sacrifice either their school or social life because they do not have the ability to balance both. Both school and social life are important for a student to have, but with the stress both cause, the lack of sleep is inevitable. It is essential to make sure a child’s social and school life are balanced and that the child is able to balance them in a healthy way.

When sleep is essential for living a healthy life, it is important that teens get the sleep they need and can have a healthy balance between social and school life. When teens and children are staying up late to finish an essay or work on math homework, it is important for teachers to recognize that students get homework from all their classes and provide only a healthy amount of homework to students to make sure students are able to sleep at night.