Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

The Controversy of Pumpkin Spice

It’s officially fall, which means it’s pumpkin spice season! Pumpkin spice was commercially introduced in the 1930s and has been a common fall staple ever since then in drinks, food, culture, etc. However, do many people truly enjoy it? Large brands such as Starbucks and Target use pumpkin spice as a marketing tactic to acquire more customers during the fall season, starting before fall even begins. Starbucks releases their fall drinks September 1st even though fall doesn’t begin until the 21st to launch the fall season.

Much of this information may cause you to believe many people love pumpkin spice, but that is far from truth. Pumpkin spice is a very controversial topic. Many people find pumpkin spice to be overrated and have a non-pleasant taste, while others love it and it’s their favorite part of the fall season! In fact, I created a poll which I sent to many people around the school, and I found that 57% of them do not enjoy pumpkin spice! They find it to be sour and have a spicy taste which they didn’t enjoy. The other 43% said they enjoyed pumpkin spice, some even claiming it was their favorite part of fall and they want it year-round! This remains a controversial topic. So, the question is, do you enjoy pumpkin spice?

Leave a Comment
More to Discover

Comments (0)

All Horace High School News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *