Horace High School News

The Student News Site of Horace High School

Horace High School News

Horace High School News

You’re Graduating?

On May 26, 2024, the first class will be graduating from Horace High School! The graduating class of 100 kids will be walking across the stage at the Scheels Arena in Fargo. Do not forget your cap, gown, and stole when you arrive in the spring!

The Hawk Squawk was thrilled to have an interview with Dr. Cronin, who was able to update us on any graduation information a senior might need! If you are wondering how many people you can bring, you can be at ease because Horace High School does not sell tickets for graduation as the arena can hold up to 6,000 people. Feel free to bring any long-lost uncles or aunts!

The last few years, students and staff have been working together to create a memorable graduation. The finalized cap and gown design is modeled by our own senior editor, Nadir Mohamed! The plan for future graduation uniforms could change, but that is a future question. Unlike past school’s uniform rules, Horace allows graduates to wear cords over their stoles. The office is actively deciding which 5 cords will be offered for purchase. They envision a military chord for certain!

Another addition to graduating, is designing and purchasing a class ring! If you are disappointed that you forgot to get a class ring your sophomore year, have no fear! Jostens is visiting again soon for the sophomores, and they are happy to fix or help you find a ring.

Once you have your perfect ring, you can attend the ceremony! It is projected to run for about an hour with 2 student speakers. It is unknown how these students will be chosen. Either through class voting or office choosing.

Now that you have all the information you need, all you have left to do is graduate! The entire high school is excited for this new piece of history. If you have any questions or ideas about the graduation ceremony, do not be afraid to reach out to the office and share.