A Gentleman’s Guide to Weekend Fun

Flint Dignan

It’s opening week for Horace High School’s very first musical in our new theatre! To help kick off our theatre program with a bang (literally) Horace’s thespians are performing A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.

The show starts off with the main character, Monty, learning some very interesting news about his family after his mother’s funeral. He then begins to pursue his family. Monty has a very interesting way of interacting with his family, but in the end, it works out.

As “love” is in the title of the show, it’s a safe guess to say that there’s some sort of romance that occurs within the show. Well, if you were to guess that you’d be right. To avoid any spoilers, all you need to know right now is it involves a married woman and a cousin. Between Monty’s love life and his newfound family, he certainly has his hands full.

There are six opportunities to see the show, so don’t miss your chance! The performances are on the 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th at 7:30pm, and the 22nd and 29th at 2:00pm. The shows at 7:30 are on Fridays and Saturdays, with the 2:00 performances on Sundays. To get your tickets just go to https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/1147810 and select the date and time you’d like to go. Then, if you’re a West Fargo Public Schools high school student, click on the promotion code option and type in “Student”. Then select where you’d like to sit. Students who use the promo code must present their student ID when they pick up their tickets or have their student ID to show at the door if they’re using e-tickets. For students who aren’t WFPS high school student, tickets cost $5. For adults tickets cost $10. We recommend sitting in the center to avoid missing something due to how the set is built.

You’d better get your tickets soon! In less than two weeks you won’t be able to see the show anymore. A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder is a musical comedy and while I may be a bit biased, I would say it’s a pretty good show with some very funny moments. So why not have yourself a good little chuckle? The show opens this Friday, come on over to see it for some weekend fun!